At Bethany Seminary, we understand Jesus as our teacher-rabbi who serves as the model educator. Our curriculum, pedagogy, and community are rooted in his teaching ministry calling us to:
- free the inner life for outreaching service to neighbor and stranger;
- form respectful communities in which each person is regarded as beloved;
- examine social, political, and religious structures and systems that do harm;
- relieve suffering by transforming conflict nonviolently and serving justice creatively; and
- integrate wisdom, ethics, the arts, and theology in all vocations.
Imagine studying God, self, world and other for the next step in your pilgrimage. Either enjoy the rich Midwestern community of Richmond, Indiana, or study from a distance through our Connections program. Explore our academic programs by scheduling a Campus Visit. Explore our course listing and the eight formats we offer. Be sure to read our student stories and the many ways that a Bethany education is transforming lives.