Title: Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement
Supervisor: Executive Directors of Institutional Advancement
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
General Description: The Administrative Assistant oversees the generation of donor acknowledgments, manages the alumni and donor database, and assists with materials and services for the benefit of donor and alumni relations.
- Assist with all aspects of constituent record-keeping in the institutional advancement database.
- Record and acknowledge gifts to the Seminary for all purposes.
- Produce lists and reports for mailings, giving analytics, events, and other activities related to the general needs of constituent relations.
- Assist with Bethany’s representation at the Church of the Brethren’s annual and district conferences.
- Assist the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and the President with alumni and donor visit planning, travel, and follow-up.
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
- A high school diploma is required; an associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Clerical experience preferred
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by telephone or in person, a warm and welcoming presence, ability to respond to requests in a friendly, encouraging way
- Organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- General knowledge of databases
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible schedule to work longer when afternoon receptionist is sick or on vacation
The Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement reports to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement. The Administrative Assistant will interact with guests, students, employees, alumni and donors on a regular basis.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to
Administrative Assistant for Institutional Advancement Search
Bethany Theological Seminary
615 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374
Bethany Theological Seminary’s policy prohibits discrimination in employment opportunities or practices with regard to race, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or religion.