Federal Work Study
Assistant for Immerse Summer Youth Program
This position seeks three students who enjoy spending time with junior high youth to be assistance with Immerse, Bethany’s summer Bible immersion program for 6th-8th graders. Immerse is scheduled for June 21st-26th. The job requires you to attend a day of training in the spring in preparation for the program and to assist with set up the day before students arrive on campus.
Along with the program director, you would be responsible for the well-being of students while they are participating in Immerse. You will enter a rotation for staying overnight in the dorms on Earlham Campus in order to be available if any needs arise overnight. Lead and participate in fun activities such as swimming, playing tag, or canoeing. Attend classroom time with the students. Interact with the youth at meal and snack times. Provide leadership during free time. Assist with worship experiences. Other duties as needed.
- Previous experience with youth would be preferred but is not mandatory.
- The desire to engage with youth is a necessity.
- A positive attitude is a must.
- Willingness to have fun and work hard at the same time.
- Flexibility, patience, and the ability to work as a team.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- A current background check is required.
- High energy along with the ability to keep up with teenagers.
- Able to life 25 pounds to assist with the moving of equipment and loading supplies into vehicles.