Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Executive Director of Finance and Administration
Job Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
The utility technician will be responsible for the general care and maintenance of the buildings and grounds of the Bethany owned properties, which include Bethany Center, Brethren House, Mullen House, Patterson House, Carver House and Richmond House. The utility technician will also be responsible for the general care and maintenance of Earlham owned properties that are being utilized by the Seminary to house residential students. In this position the individual will be responsible to make sure the Bethany buildings are maintained in such a way as to further the mission of the school. This will encompass routine maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds.
- Care and maintenance of all the seminary owned or rented buildings.
- General maintenance such as changing light bulbs, minor plumbing and electrical work, painting, security systems, and oversight of the HVAC system.
- Care for the grounds such as trimming trees, pulling weeds, fertilizing, mulching and shoveling snow.
- Oversee the grounds services provided by Earlham College for Bethany Center.
- Mowing and lawn care of all Seminary property when volunteers and students are not available.
Preventative maintenance such as checking the emergency lights, the water softener and seeing that annual inspections of the elevator and fire safety equipment are made, etc.
- Minor repair of seminary owned equipment and furniture.
- Set up and tear down rooms for special events.
- Research and recommend vendors for major repair work.
- Adjust hours as needed for special events.
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Executive Director Finance and Administration and works closely with all members of the Seminary. The Maintenance Technician will process maintenance requests in a timely manner and with prioritization. This position relates to the employees and students of Bethany Theological Seminary, the guests at Brethren House, and vendors preforming tasks for the Seminary.
A high school diploma or equivalent and previous experience in a similar position and environment. The physical ability to lift 50 pounds; the ability to work well with others and the ability to follow directions and show initiative. Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week on a regular basis all year around. Must use products in a safe and appropriate manner.
Applications will be received until the position is filled, with a desired start date in July or early August 2021.
To Apply: Please send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Business Affairs Office
Maintenance Tech Search
Bethany Theological Seminary
615 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374
Bethany Theological Seminary’s policy prohibits discrimination in employment opportunities or practices with regard to race, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or religion.