Title: Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Job Classification: Part-time, non-exempt, hourly (approx. 15-20 hours/week)
Bethany Theological Seminary seeks a part-time professional to coordinate and strengthen its social media efforts, with the goals of (1) generating compelling marketing-style content, (2) increasing followers and (3) encouraging engagement across platforms. Successful candidates will have experience creating effective content for a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn Tik Tok, etc.) and managing campaigns in support of an organization’s mission and strategic goals. Some experience using photography, video, writing, and graphic design in developing content for social media platforms highly encouraged.
- Create a schedule and execute posts on various platforms to encourage audience engagement at least 3-4 times weekly
- In collaboration with colleagues, create new content, and adapt existing content, for use on various platforms
- Communicate with vendors about digital advertising campaigns as needed
- Respond to questions and comments on platforms as needed
- Proactively engage key constituencies with social content (i.e. the broader church, media, potential students, donors, etc.)
- Analyze data and repair reports about social media campaigns
The Social Media Coordinator role is housed in the Institutional Advancement department and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications, while working closely with all members of the department as well as members of the admissions and student services department. The role will be required to collaborate with a broad cross-section of staff, faculty and students in creating and executing social content.
- Bachelor’s degree completed or in-progress
- Some experience in communications, journalism, creative writing and/or marketing highly desirable. Familiarity with theological education is a plus.
- Experience working with organizational presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn required. Experience with basic design software like Canva is highly encouraged.
- Excellent communication abilities, including written, oral, and listening skills.
- Affinity with the values and mission of the Seminary is required; understanding of the Church of the Brethren in the Anabaptist-Pietist tradition is preferred.
- Role can be remote but will require regular in-person presence as content schedule dictates
Please email cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bethany Theological Seminary’s policy prohibits discrimination in employment opportunities or
practices with regard to race, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or religion.