Federal Work Study
This position is multi-faceted. Interested persons may apply for just one or more of these responsibilities, although priority will be given to more comprehensive applicants.
- Assist the Director of Educational technology in providing video conference meeting and classroom support (Zoom, miscellaneous video recordings) for Bethany meetings, events and classes as requested and scheduled.
- Provide regular weekly virtual meeting services for courses as needed and scheduled. In this responsibility, the student worker will be assigned to a specific class to set up equipment, facilitate the technical broadcast aspects of the course, and then tear down each week. This commitment may be for just one term, or could include both terms as needed.
- Assist Director of Technology with video post production to prepare content for posting to web or for faculty lecture purposes.
- Assist Director of Technology with delivery of Mobile Communication Cart(s) to designated meeting spaces for Zoom enabled video conference meetings.
- Assist Director of Technology with maintenance of communications equipment: Mobile Communication Carts, Technology Classroom, and Presidential Conference Room Zoom Station.
Essential duties related to broadcasting include such things as equipment and software setups and facilitation of Zoom conference calls, Zoom multi-point video conferencing, video recording of weekly meetings and special events (including Chapel, Peace Forum, meetings of such groups as SLT, special lectures, and the like), broadcast communications for courses during weather emergencies, and virtual classrooms for scheduled classes, negotiated absences, and other meetings. Included are broadcasting equipment setup and teardown, and routine maintenance of, care for, and proper storage of equipment.
Other related duties as assigned.
Depending on which components of the position a person fulfills, various of the following skills will be required as follows:
Computer Skills: Ability to thoroughly learn various communication programs. Ability to troubleshoot technical issues. Ability to work with others and provide technical support. Desire to learn video editing software packages to assist in the post production of video-recordings. Ability to post prepared videos to Bethany YouTube web page or Moodle as the need dictates. Desire to assist faculty with video production of lectures.
Video-Recording Skills: Ability to run a camera and accurately compose images for video capture.
Writing Skills: Ability to use language effectively, and to proofread accurately. Ability to communicate well.
Personal Skills: Ability to serve others professionally, with decorum and confidentiality. Ability to serve with confidence and non-anxious presence.
Team Skills: Ability to function efficiently and harmoniously as part of a team.
Depending upon assigned responsibilities, the following demands may be included. Carrying and setting up computer, video and AV equipment, cables and cords in various (at times physically awkward) locations, and at times with short notice. Visual acuity, including video composition, reading small text without assistance, and color discrimination. Dexterity to manipulate camera and audio controls and computer interfaces in a timely manner.
10-may be shared by multiple people