Criteria for international student master of divinity (MDiv), master of arts (MA), master of arts: Theopoetics and Writing (MATW) or certificate admission include
- completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for the MDiv program and 3.0 or higher for the MA program;
- ability to do theological study at the graduate level as determined from the scope and quality of the applicant’s undergraduate program and academic references;
- compatibility of the applicant’s personal and vocational objectives with the objectives and resources of the Seminary;
- evidence of personal maturity and leadership potential as determined from references, interviews, and other data.
- must provided $10,000 upon arrival for tuition, books, rent and living expenses.
- must provide $1,500 upon arrival for emergency fund in case student needs to travel home.
To apply to Bethany as an international student for the MDiv or the MA program, please follow the steps outlined below. Be sure to note the additional steps all international students must complete regarding securing financial and personal sponsors and documenting financial support. A determination of admission and the receipt of the required deposit must occur prior to our being able to issue a SEVIS I-20 form.
All application materials, including all forms, references, transcripts, essays, and the application fee, must be completed and received by our office by the date listed below for the term you plan to start. Allow six to nine months for the completion of this process.
International Student Application Deadlines
|Session one (fall)||May 1|
|Session two (spring)||September 1|
International Student Application Process
|Complete international student application form||Complete Now|
|Submit Vocational Intentions Essay and Theological Reflections Essay||Complete Now|
|Request official transcripts||Complete Now|
|Complete faculty interview||More Information|
|Complete and submit the financial and sponsorship forms - not required for online CATS students or Jos Cohort||Download Now|
|Pass Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||More Information|
|Pay application fee ($50.00)|
If you have participated in Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) within the last two years, you are eligible for an application fee waiver. The Admissions Office may request a letter verifying your participation in the program and the dates of your participation.