Federal Work Study
The receptionist offers hospitality to individuals visiting Bethany Center, acts as switchboard operator, cares for the mail as well as other items as assigned.
- Offer hospitality by welcoming visitors, directing them to appropriate places, connecting them with people they are coming to see, signing for packages, updating the welcome sign and directory.
- Act as the switchboard operator, answering the phone, updating the main phone line message.
- Care for the mail and related items, distributing the mail, taking Bethany’s mail to the Earlham College post office, addressing questions from the Earlham post office personnel.
- Serve as cashier for merchandise sales, tracking sales, setting up and taking down displays, receiving and documenting sales.
- Respond in emergencies by listening for emergency announcements and informing the community of action needed to remain safe, updating the voice message when the building is closed unexpectedly.
- Receive work assignments from the Administrative Assistant for Admissions & Student Services to be completed while you are working at the desk during slow times.
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
- Clerical experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by telephone or in person ; a warm and welcoming presence; ability to respond to requests in a friendly, encouraging way
- Ability to work as part of a team
Administrative Assistant for Admissions & Student Services
Monday through Saturday
21-28, can be worked by multiple people.