Federal Work Study
Responsible for working with the professor and members of the Patterns of Worship class to coordinate and develop chapel services. Work with the Joint Chapel committee in an advisory capacity.
Coordinate weekly Wednesday chapel services. This includes tracking worship plans and participants for all chapel services, communicating worship themes to the wider BTS/ESR communities, advocating and enlisting worship participation on campus and using one’s own worship gifts in creative, thoughtful ways for the development of corporate worship.
Meeting before and during the semester with the Patterns of Worship professor to review worship needs. Meeting with the class at least once. Copy handouts and other literature needed for the class and worship leaders/participants.
- Sending out email announcements and updates related to worship planning and presentations.
- Coordinating the worship calendar with the SLT (Student Leadership Team) and related faculty members.
- Preparing and presenting one or more worship services each semester.
- Promoting the worship talents and participation of the wider community.
- Regular attendance at chapel is required.
- Serving on the Joint Worship committee for BTS and ESR in an advisory capacity.
- Monitoring chapel supplies. Monitor and maintain an organized system for the storage of chapel supplies.
- Other duties as needed.
Current enrollment in MDiv or MA program at BTS. Successful completion and/or participation in the Patterns of Worship course (M220). Enthusiasm for the worship life of the seminary. Strong organizational skills. Insight, creativity and energy for the design and presentation of a variety of worship forms. Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of people(students, faculty members, members of the wider church and community). Comfortable and skilled in communicating through a variety of media(one-to-one conversations, group meetings, online, telephone).
Monday through Friday